Re: How to add options of desktop environments for diskless workstations?

>> How can I offer access to all desktop environments similar to my thin
>> clients?
>
> Install the desktop environments in the LTSP chroot. But please
> reconsider this intention. The NBD image file will need much
> space.

Hi Wolfgang,

I read quite some documentation in the past days. However, things are
still rather fuzzy to me.

What is the default content of The LTSP chroot? Is there documentation on
this?

Is the LTSP chroot built with Plasma only by default?

The NBD image file should be as small as possible to be easy on transfer
times, network usage, server load, local RAM usage, etc., right?

Does it therefore make sense to study how desktop environment additions
affect the size of the NBD image?

Kind regards,
Roman