Re: FYI: 8.5 and 7.11 planning

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 02:41:19PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > As Giorgio Pioda pointed out (another thread), the problem still
> > exists. I've setup a jessie based VirtualBox environment from
> > scratch and can confirm that he is right. So disabling of nscd
> > netgroup caching is still needed.
>
> sigh. so we somehow need to address this. I'm slightly in favor of
> documenting it (because the fix is to disable a wanted feature
> basically) but would also be open to include a fix which does that and
> then documenting that.
>
> But as both options seem less than ideal I'm slightly in favor of just
> updating the docs. This means the least amount of work now *and* when
> the fix is found. (Cause then we would also need to revert those two
> changes, instead of one…)

What about shipping a script and updating the documentation
(GettingStarted chapter)?

#!/bin/bash -e
# debian-edu-nscd-netgroup-cache
#
# 2016, May 23rd

if [ -z $1 ] ; then
  echo "usage: $0 (disable|enable)"
  exit 0
fi

# Get profile.
. /etc/debian-edu/config

# Disable/enable nscd netgroup caching.
if echo "$PROFILE" | grep -q 'Main-Server' ; then
    systemctl stop nscd.service
    sleep 1
    case "$1" in
	disable)
	    if [ -e /var/cache/nscd/netgroup ] ; then
		rm /var/cache/nscd/netgroup
	    fi
	    sed -i '/netgroup/ s=yes=no=' /etc/nscd.conf
	;;
	enable)
	    sed -i '/netgroup/ s=no=yes=' /etc/nscd.conf
	;;
    esac
    systemctl start nscd.service
fi