Re: crash on thin client

Hi,

Wolfgang Schweer schreef op di 08-09-2015 om 16:14 [+0200]:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 04:09:54PM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
> > I tried "LANG=C ltsp-chroot -c -a i386 aptitude install", which did work to
> > install the packages. I guess the -m option fails to unmount when done?
>
> I've always used apt-get instead of aptitude. Maybe the behaviour
> differs.

I always use apt-get
and today I experienced for the first time the same problem as Simon
describes.
It happend after an 'apt-get update' on the tjener, which pulled in
quite a lot of packages.
When I thereafter ran 'LC_ALL=C TMP= TMPDIR= /usr/sbin/ltsp-chroot -m -a
i386 apt-get -y update' the update happend as expected, but the
execution of the command ended with the following message:

umount: /opt/ltsp/i386/proc: target is busy
        (In some cases useful info about processes that
         use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
Couldn't unmount /opt/ltsp/i386/proc.
umount: /opt/ltsp/i386/dev: target is busy
        (In some cases useful info about processes that
         use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
Couldn't unmount /opt/ltsp/i386/dev.

So I suppose the assertion of Simon (about failing to unmount) is
correct.

I did not had the time yet to further investigate which package upgrade
could be the culprit.

--
Cheers,
Frans