Re: crash on thin client

On 06/09/15 22:00, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
On 06/09/15 21:53, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
On 06/09/15 21:37, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
Hi

I'm currently seeing a crash on thin client, diskless workstation works
fine...

See attached screenshot

It looks like something changed. The weird thing is that it only bothers
the thin client boot mode. Any clues?

I did update some stuff and I'm trying out a script to change the
background image and I wanted to test how it worked on thin clients,
though we switched to diskless workstations last week.
If that mode failes somehow, thin clients are no fallback anymore :-(

tnx

/Simon

I guess it's because /proc/meminfo isn't available, sed says so...
the relevant part of the script that causes it (:
# $RM_THIN_SYSTEM_SERVICES are removed for thin clients
upstart-socket-bridge # Bridge socket events into upstart
")"

     # For low RAM thin clients, disable whatever isn't essential for
booting
     memtotal=$(sed -n 's/MemTotal: *\([0-9]*\) .*/\1/p' /proc/meminfo)
     memtotal=$(($memtotal / 1024))
     RM_RAM_THRESHOLD=${RM_RAM_THRESHOLD:-128}
     if [ "$memtotal" -le "$RM_RAM_THRESHOLD" ]; the

So why isn't /proc/meminfo available?

/Simon

I ran updates and I saw this:

mount: proc already mounted or /opt/ltsp/i386/proc busy
mount: according to mtab, proc is already mounted on /opt/ltsp/i386/proc
Could not mount /opt/ltsp/i386/proc.

I'll check if a reboot of the tjener will fix this...

Sorry for the storm of messages, reboot fixed the problem. though I don't understand how this can happen...

Cheers

Simon