Re: crash on thin client

On 09/07/15 09:45, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 10:04:21PM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
I ran updates and I saw this:

mount: proc already mounted or /opt/ltsp/i386/proc busy
mount: according to mtab, proc is already mounted on /opt/ltsp/i386/proc
Could not mount /opt/ltsp/i386/proc.

I'll check if a reboot of the tjener will fix this...
Sorry for the storm of messages, reboot fixed the problem. though I don't
understand how this can happen...
To avoid the mount error, don't do a simple ltsp-chroot.
Always use (default LTSP installation):

'ltsp-chroot -m -a i386 apt-get update'
'ltsp-chroot -m -a i386 apt-get upgrade'
'ltsp-chroot -m -a i386 apt-get install <some package>'

'ltsp-update-kernels' in case a new kernel has been installed in the
LTSP chroot.

Wolfgang

hi Wolfgang

I tried this and I keep seeing the message:

mount: proc already mounted or /opt/ltsp/i386/proc busy
mount: according to mtab, proc is already mounted on /opt/ltsp/i386/proc
Could not mount /opt/ltsp/i386/proc.

the script I use to install packages on the tjener and the ltsp:

#!/bin/sh

die () {
        echo "$1" >&2
        exit 1
}

if [ $# -lt 1 ]; then
        die "geef minimaal 1 package naam op"
fi

export LC_ALL=C
apt-get update || die "probleem met updaten repositories"
TMP= TMPDIR= ltsp-chroot -m -a i386 apt-get update || die "op ltsp: probleem met updaten repos"
aptitude install -y "$@" || die" probleem met packages installeren"
TMP= TMPDIR= ltsp-chroot -m -a i386 -p aptitude install -y "$@" || die "op ltsp: probleem met packages instaleren"

exit 0

I can use this script once, but the second time I get the error about .../proc

This shouldn't be happening, right?

Cheers

Simon