Re: Home directories blank in diskless workstations

[Wolfgang Schweer]
>> Any idea what could cause this failure?

On the server it can be caused by manual partitioning without a separate
partition for /skole/tjener/home0.  If home0 is not listed in
/etc/fstab, that would be the cause.

On a client, it is most likely caused by missing netgroup membership
causing NFS mount from the server to fail.  It could also be caused by
autofs problems, which was the issue I wanted to detect when I wrote the
test.

> Seems to be that I'm now able to reproduce:
> 'error: ./filesystems: No lost+found in /skole/tjener/home0/.  Blocked
> by autofs?'
>
> If autofs is running due to misconfiguration the message isn't shown.

That is strange.  I would expect misconfigured autofs to trigger the
message, not hide it.

> But after running 'umount /tjener/skole/home0' this message shows up if
> '/usr/lib/debian-edu-config/filesystems' is run.
>
> So maybe it should be checked if for some reason /etc/fstab is missing
> the entry
>
> /dev/mapper/vg_system-skole+tjener+home0 /skole/tjener/home0 ext4 nosuid 0 2
>
> or if 'vg_system-skole+tjener+home0' is missing (using 'lvmdiskscan').

Both would be good to look for on the main server.  But they might give
false alarm with manual partitioning.

--
Happy hacking