Re: Home directories blank in diskless workstations

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 03:08:14PM +0530, uday bhatye wrote:

>       debian-edu-test-install>~/testreport_11_03_15
> and
>       cat ~/testreport_11_03_15 |grep '^error'
> gives
>
> error: ./cups: URL 'https://www:631/' is not working.
> error: ./cups: URL 'https://localhost:631/' is not working.
> error: ./doc: Release manual have 6 FIXMEs.  Please fix at

These three can be ignored.

> error: ./filesystems: No lost+found in /skole/tjener/home0/.  Blocked
> by autofs?

Strange, never saw this. I guess you could create a lost+found
directory.

> error: ./nagios: Nagios count NUMSVCCRIT is not zero but 30.
> error: ./nagios: Nagios count NUMSVCUNKN is not zero but 15.

Can be ignored.

> error: ./sudo: files is not enabled for sudoers in nsswitch.conf

Strange, too. /etc/nsswitch.conf should look like this, please check:
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

sudoers:        files ldap
passwd:         files ldap
group:          files ldap
shadow:         files ldap
netgroup:       files ldap
automount:      files ldap
# passwd:         compat ldap
# group:          compat ldap
# shadow:         compat ldap

hosts:          files myhostname dns
networks:       files ldap

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

# netgroup:       nis ldap
# sudoers:	files ldap
# sudoers:	files ldap

> (This is before applying below mentioned fix)
>

> > You should be able to create the correct file this way:
> >
> > (1) Enter the LTSP chroot: ltsp-chroot -a i386
> > (2) Run '/usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/sssd-generate-config -k >
> > /etc/krb5.conf
> > (3) Run 'exit' to leave the chroot.
> >

>     Did this. But, now clients fail to boot and stop at starting NTP
>     server.

Please check /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ntp.conf, should be like this:
# /etc/ntp.conf, configuration for ntpd; see ntp.conf(5) for help

driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift

# Enable this if you want statistics to be logged.
#statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/

statistics loopstats peerstats clockstats
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable
filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable

# You do need to talk to an NTP server or two (or three).
#server ntp.your-provider.example

# pool.ntp.org maps to about 1000 low-stratum NTP servers.  Your server will
# pick a different set every time it starts up.  Please consider joining the
# pool: <http://www.pool.ntp.org/join.html>
# server 0.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
# server 1.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
# server 2.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
# server 3.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst

# Access control configuration; see /usr/share/doc/ntp-doc/html/accopt.html for
# details.  The web page <http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/AccessRestrictions>
# might also be helpful.
#
# Note that "restrict" applies to both servers and clients, so a configuration
# that might be intended to block requests from certain clients could also end
# up blocking replies from your own upstream servers.

# By default, exchange time with everybody, but don't allow configuration.
restrict -4 default kod notrap nomodify nopeer noquery
restrict -6 default kod notrap nomodify nopeer noquery

# Local users may interrogate the ntp server more closely.
restrict 127.0.0.1
restrict ::1

# Clients from this (example!) subnet have unlimited access, but only if
# cryptographically authenticated.
#restrict 192.168.123.0 mask 255.255.255.0 notrust

# If you want to provide time to your local subnet, change the next line.
# (Again, the address is an example only.)
#broadcast 192.168.123.255

# If you want to listen to time broadcasts on your local subnet, de-comment the
# next lines.  Please do this only if you trust everybody on the network!
#disable auth
#broadcastclient
# /etc/ntp.conf, configuration for xntpd
# ntpd will use syslog() if logfile is not defined
#logfile /var/log/ntpd
statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/
server ntp iburst

Wolfgang