Re: Home directories blank in diskless workstations

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 11:06:43PM +0100, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:23:53PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > [Wolfgang Schweer]
> > >
> > > Strange, never saw this. I guess you could create a lost+found
> > > directory.
> >
> > Absolutely not.  It should be left to mkfs.
> >
> > The test check if home0 is a separate file system (lost+found is an
> > indicator for this), and is ment to check if autofs was able to mount
> > the NFS volume if it was missing.
>
> Any idea what could cause this failure?

Seems to be that I'm now able to reproduce:
'error: ./filesystems: No lost+found in /skole/tjener/home0/.  Blocked
by autofs?'

If autofs is running due to misconfiguration the message isn't shown.

But after running 'umount /tjener/skole/home0' this message shows up if
'/usr/lib/debian-edu-config/filesystems' is run.

So maybe it should be checked if for some reason /etc/fstab is missing
the entry

/dev/mapper/vg_system-skole+tjener+home0 /skole/tjener/home0 ext4 nosuid 0 2

or if 'vg_system-skole+tjener+home0' is missing (using 'lvmdiskscan').

Wolfgang