Re: Jessie installation working again

Here is another update of the Debian Jessie status.  Yesterday,
several new versions entered testing, fixing more issues.

The Installation of all profiles except the main server profile should
now be working.  Main-server installation is blocked by the gosa bug
#757558 fixed in unstable (should enter testing in a day or two).

None of the profiles can boot out of the box because of #757767, but
the fix is trivial when done during installation.  I hoped to fix it
after Alexander migrated debian-edu-config to git, but might create a
jessie branch in subversion and fix it there if the migration take a
long time.  I normally fix this by adding 'exit 0' at the top of
/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/fetch-ldap-cert to disable it during
testing.

I've tested the MATE desktop installation (using desktop=mate in the
debian-installer prompt) and it seem to work just fine.  The KDE
desktop seem to work fine too. :)

The roaming workstation do not work out of the box because of bug
#729982 in sssd, and the fix is waiting in unstable but blocked by bug
#748671.  But fixing it is trivial, one just need to edit
/lib/systemd/system/sssd.service to fix the path to the binary.

The Jessie workstation should work fine with Debian Edu servers using
both Squeeze and Wheezy.  Please test it and let me know if it work
for you. :)

I have not tested the Thin Client Server profile yet. :)

--
Happy hacking