Re: A problem with 10.0.0.0/8 as the backbone network and consumer routers?

[Holger Levsen]
> So, I think we should:
>
> - switch to 192.168.x.y and /24 even if that means this default only supports
> 253 machines on the network. Thats quite plenty for many schools.

Given that we lived on 10.0.2.0/23 for 10 years, I believe this is
taking it too far.  I believe making it easier to change is a better
approach.

> - document how to switch the subnet and make this easy by providing a working
> subnet-change tool

Yes.  It is working with the changes I have waiting in my laptop,
except DNS reverse entries in LDAP and updates to smb.conf and
squid.conf.  I believe it is fairly easy to get it completely working
before we release our squeeze version.

> I'm just not sure whether to do this now or for wheezy. Opinions?

I believe it is too much work to do the switch from 10.0.0.0/8 all
over now.  I believe we are better of by brushing up the subnet-change
tool and leave such change to wheezy.
--
Happy hacking