A problem with 10.0.0.0/8 as the backbone network and consumer routers?

I've discovered a problem with our new backbone network setup.  Trying
to configure a Linksys Wireless-G broadband router to use 10.0.0.8/8
is impossible.  Its default firmware can not handle less than /24.  It
provide /24, /25, /27, etc.  but not /8.  I suspect this is the case
with other consumer broadband routers too.

Should we care?  This make it harder to test the full Skolelinux setup
with common hardware. :(
--
Happy hacking