Re: pxeinstall fails if network card requires nonfree firmware

[Wolfgang Schweer]
> Both packages contain no firmware, docu only. Real error was:

Right.  I added code to ignore all installer packages for now.

> -y for speed, the other ones are actually superfluous (habit).

Right.  Changed to --download-only -y -q.

> > > +	if [ "$name" != "firmware-linux" ]; then
> >
> > Why do you need to ignore firmware-linux but not
> > firmware-linux-nonfree?  Why do you need to ignore firmware-linux?
>
> docu only.

Still, I indended such packages to be silently ignored.  I see now
that tar fail if no /lib/firmware/ file is in the package being
unpacked, and rewrote the code to handle this properly.

> It would certainly be better to test if a package contains
> /lib/firmware but coding that is beyond my skills.

I thougth I already did that, but the code was slightly broken.  Fixed
in svn.

Btw, it might probably be possible to use the same script to convert
the LTSP initrd to include firmware for LTSP clients.  Would be useful
to investigate. :)
--
Happy hacking