Re: pxeinstall fails if network card requires nonfree firmware

[Wolfgang Schweer]
> It should be documented somewhere, that those small binary blobs
> (package firmware-linux-nonfree) must be provided (on usb key /
> floppy disk), if the machine has an appropriate network card - like
> some old Intel cards (kernel module e100). Otherwise pxeinstall will
> not be possible.

Yes, thank you for notincing.  Please update the wiki documentation at

We should also document that those needing non-free firmware blobs can
run the /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/pxe-addfirmware script to
add them to the PXE iamges, but I notice that I forgot to add the file
to the Makefile and it is not included in the package yet.  Will fix
for beta3.  Please fetch it from svn and test it, to see if it work
for you.

> (The Debian installer will tell which file is needed.)

Yeah. :)
--
Happy hacking