Re: Wrong gateway address in default squeeze setup (10.0.2.1 should be 10.0.0.1)

[Holger Levsen]
> what packages do you have in mind? So far we didnt notice anything
> like this....

I am mostly thinking about network boxes where the IP setup is done
manually.  Breaking the principle of least surprise is going to be a
pain for the sysadmins having to handle such equipment.

> and changes to the documentation and translations too :(

Yeah. :(

> Could you imagine not doing this part of the change?

Nope.  It is the right thing to do and will make it a lot easier to
maintain Debian Edu/Squeeze.  For example PXE installs become a lot
easier to handle and customize, and we are able to do more fixes in the
point releases if this code is moved away from debian-edu-install
(because udebs are "frozen" on the installation CD / DVD), and the code
need to be changed anyway.  In addition it make sure all this setup
related code is gathered in one package, removing the need to update
both debian-edu-install and debian-edu-config when adjusting the
configuration done after partitioning and installing the base system. :)

Besides, the change we talk about is really a minor change.  Some
working block of code is moved from one file to another file, and will
continue to work just as well in the new file as it was in the old file.
If anything reall break I will discover it within hours, and fix it
equally quickly.  For beta3 we have two weeks to handle any issues, and
I really do not expect any problems because the code move from
pre-pkgsel in debian-edu-install to pre-pkgsel in debian-edu-config.

Lets wrap up beta2 now and announce it to the world.  Time to get more
testers. :)
--
Happy hacking