Re: Can we get rid of network-manager?

Hi Klaus,

Am Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2011, 00:37:45 schrieb Klaus Knopper:
> Hi all,
>
> However, I found that another way of avoiding conflicts between
> NetworkManager and ifup/ifdown is possible by just making NetworkManager
> aware of everything preconfigured in /etc/network/interfaces, and
> actually using this file for NetworkManagers configuration handling, by
> setting:
>
> [main]
> plugins=ifupdown,keyfile
>
> [ifupdown]
> managed=true

I haven't know these before... This sounds handy.

My default network manager configuration though only gets activated after user
login. Does a nm configuration as you propose enable network before the user
logs in?

So basically, the point about network manager is: do we need network access
before the user logs (YES: for NFS etc.) and how can this be handled by
network manager...

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0x1943CA5B
mail: m.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy: