Re: SRV records can't point to CNAMEs

[Andreas B. Mundt]
> That's why I changed them pointing to tjener.intern, the machine
> where the service is actually running after the default
> installation.

Right.  I misread the diff when I quickly had a look.  Pointing to
tjener should not be in conflict with the DNS spec.

> To move services to other machines, these pointers have to be
> changed accordingly. (With multiple A-records in place, you have to
> modify the A-records and PTR-records to correspond to the new
> machine. In that case you can leave the SRV-records untouched. Now
> you have to add the PTR- and A-record to the new machine, remove the
> CNAME and modify the SRV-record to point to that new machine.)

I believe the sssd setup will actually copy the SRV pointed setting to
/etc/sssd/sssd.conf, and thus not work in this case.  For that to
work, the SRV records need to point to the service DNS name (like
ldap.intern), and we are back where we started.

Happy hacking,