Re: ldap: ou=group versus ou=groups

Hi list,

On 02/15/2011 11:18 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I believe we should leave it unchanged unless we have a good reason to
> change it.

Every change in an LDAP DIT causes drain of human man power. Admins
or maintenance contractors have to work more for using continuously
Skolelinux. Migration scripts have to written any way, but the "s"
add some extra minutes of writing, testing, verifying ... Which
leads to demotivation and less acceptance.

If a change is nessessary due to technical reasons, this unavoidable
drain of man power is mostly accepted.

However if the cause is just a normative rule (that plural looks
better) it is hardly to justify to use man power for a Debian Pure
Blend that is not respecting the time of others.

We should leave it unchanged.

BR
C.

(Being conservative in changes of released products is the virtue of
good software engineers.)