Re: install less software by default (Re: Which video editor should we install by default?

Hi,

On Sonntag, 26. Dezember 2010, Holger Levsen wrote:
> My approach would still save them from evaluating applications (from ground
> up, some evaluaion needs to be done anyway and still - always), while also
> saving them from having apps installed they will never use.

this could even be an extra debconf question, "applications to install", which
would default to nothing (or "office-suite" only maybe) and which could
either be choosen interactivly or by preseeding.
(plus, later installation with apt-get is another choice still+also to be
documented.)

but as said, something to think about for wheezy... :)

cheers,
	Holger