Re: Questions about Debian-Edu, GOsa2, DNS and DHCP

Hi Alejandro,

On Sonntag, 19. Dezember 2010, Alejandro wrote:
> I'm a developer of GOsa2 and i'm doing the plugin for PowerDNS and have
> some questions

yay! Thanks for joining us here!

> I tell about BUG 602863
> 1.- Why need Debian-Edu PowerDNS and not BIND-DLZ-ldap?

we want immediate updates to dns from ldap. also we just switched to powerdns
in lenny and we are not too keen to switch back to bind now.

(personally I woudlnt mind switching back to bind...)

> 2.- PowerDNS don't support DNSSEC, TSIG and updates from DHCP.  The
> debian-edu project need DHCP updates?

I'm not sure what you mean with dchp updates here. Can you explain please?

We dont use dnssec atm.

> I read
> http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/What_are_they_searching_for___PowerD
>NS_and_ISC_DHCP_in_LDAP.htmland need to know the schema used by debian-edu
> and any other ldap related issues to implement the plugin.
>
> The work about the plugin is in
> https://forge.gosa.fr/projects/powerdns-plugin/wiki/Powerdns-plugin-wiki

cool, thanks.

So much for now,