Re: Which video editor should we install by default?

Hi,

On Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2010, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Which video editor should we install by default in Debian Edu?

IMO none.

This thread has shown that there are several _useful_ alternatives, which all
have their benefits and up+downsides. So one sensible thing would be to
install them all. But that has issues too: lack of space on the installation
medium, installation time and clutter of the menu - which will effect
everyone, also those who'll never edit videos.

So I'd suggest to do something else: document how to edit videos, starting
with "if you want/need to edit videos, run 'apt-get install kino kdenlive \
openmovieeditor pitivi' and give them a try to find the tool which suits you
best."

The same is probably true for some other types of applications.

cheers,
	Holger