Re: dvd space issues

On 06. nov. 2010 12:34, Louis-Maurice De Sousa wrote:

> Le 06/11/2010 11:02, Holger Levsen a écrit :
>> Hi Louis-Maurice,
>>
>> let me just reply to these three aspects of your mail:
>>
>> On Mittwoch, 3. November 2010, Louis-Maurice De Sousa wrote:
>>> I see three important things to increase quality and "user experience"
>>> as they say in privative world ;-) :
>>>    - choose de default window manager. It could be then possible to have
>>> only some software installed. For example, gedit if you choose Gnome,
>>> and Kate if it's KDE. Same for the media player, browser...
>>
>> this is possible already today in Lenny (and will continue to work in
>> Squeeze): you can install with Gnome instead of KDE. Squeeze also
>> supports
>> LXDE.
>>
>> This is described in:
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Squeeze/Installation#Theinstallationprocess
>>

> Ok, I saw I could install it but not that there was a kernel parameter
> for the default WM.
> I don't like too much when Gnome is "windowsed" with that start-like
> button in bottom of screen. I quite don't understand why it's default
> behaviour is changed. KDE and LXDE already are like that.
> But it's a taste issue :-)
>
> I didn't saw there already had a Squeeze install DVD. I'll try it next
> week. :-)
> Thanks for the link.
>
>>> A WM based on Qimo (http://www.qimo4kids.com/) could be interesting for
>>> younger pupils.
>>
>> Qimo needs to be packaged for Debian first :)
>
> Yes, I know. It isn't even packedged for Ubuntu. If I can save some
> time, I'll try to do it for my wife wich teaches in the nursery school
> (a french peculiarity called "maternelle").
>
>>>    - choose IP addresses of the server. It's mandatory for us in
>>> "académie de Versailles" to use DebianEdu, I have actually to install an
>>> other router.
>>
>> I'll file a bug about this, so that we wont forget for Squeeze+1 :)
>
> Ok, thanks. But Squeeze+1 is in a long time. :-) And time is not our
> ally to beat Microsoft© and Apple©. ;-)
> To install DebianEdu in a school, I must be able to change the server
> public IP. I mean the 10.0.2.2 IP. Is there a manual method ? I found
> one once, but can't put an hand on it now.

10.0.2.2 is a private ip address,not a public one.
you can change the address using instructions in the wiki
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/ChangeIpSubnet

But it is important to think thru the problem first. do you realy need
to change the ip series ? It's usualy much easier to network design
around your problem, if you have a real issue with the ip series.

Ronny