Re: CipUX as LDAP frontend

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:57:17AM +0200, Philipp Huebner wrote:
On 28.04.2010 11:49, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:02:35AM +0200, Philipp Huebner wrote:

[lots of relevant criticism snipped]

We reported all kinds of problems, but the developer either sold it to us as "it's not a bug, it's a feature" or as "you can write a simple (shell) script around cipux to fix that yourself".

Critical questions were mostly ignored.

Did you report bugs to some public bugtracker, to the CipUX mailinglist or where? I mean, where could I catch up on those reports if I wanted to?

It went all to the cipux-devel mailinglist (I assume you have read most of it back then).

Since we were using the special image for RLP, the Debian BTS would have been the wrong place for reports, and I don't know any bugracker especially for CipUX.

There are things on https://rp.skolelinux.de/trac , but that place was not yet available when we encountered the problems, and it doesn't seem to be well used anyway.

Thanks.

Yes, I follow the cipux-devel list, just do not recall any dialogue as you describe.

Would be helpful if you could give a few more concrete references, but else I will just wade through my archives and try look with my "I am sick and tired of this crap and will soon run away sreaming" glasses on.

If there is a special bug tracker for CipUX - please point me there.

Might be, not sure - I have not used any myself.

 - Jonas