Re: CipUX as LDAP frontend (was: gosa as ldap frontend)

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 09:10:58AM +0200, Philipp Huebner wrote:
Hi,

On 28.04.2010 07:49, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
Very good to see work being done on the LDAP administratjon. The lwat package do not seem to receive much work these days, and we might be forced to look for an alternative for Squeeze. Cipux might also be an alternative. The key is to pick something as simple to use as lwat, and with all the features we need.

Cipux is definetely no alternative for Debian Edu. Don't even think of it. I was and am forced to use it in Rhineland-Palatinate, and (excuse my rude language) it is a huge pain in the ass.

The teachers are complaining, and the the admin point-of-view is even worse.

If you go that way, I'm out.

Wauw!

Could you please elaborate a bit on this harsh complaint?

Perhaps related to the fact that Skolelinux-RP uses unstable code?

 - Jonas