Re: Multimedia part on Squeeze

[Nigel Barker]
> It works fine, but has no menu entry. It does appear in the Debian
> menu however. Sometimes the sound card is set to dummy, and has to be
> changed to alsa in the settings (or first time wizard)

Are both these issues reporte do bugs.debian.org?  If not, please
report the missing desktop entry (the KDE menu issue) and the bad
default sound card setting, to increase the chance of these being
fixed before Squeeze is released.  Please usertag dem with
debian-edu@, documented on

> I think it brings in wine as a dependency. I don't know if that's a
> good or bad thing, I just thought it was unusual.

That sound very strange, indeed.  I did not notice it being pulled in
when I installed lmms, but I might have had wine installed already.

Happy hacking,