Re: debian-edu build process, once more

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 08:47:48PM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> i set it up as hard depends to remove a list of hard-coded packages to
> install from the debian-edu specific ltsp-build-client plugins, which would
> fail if the appropriate packages weren't available. so having them as depends
> in the education-thin-client package ensures that those packages end up on the
> CD, simplifies the ltsp-build-client plugins greatly, and allows for more
> proper tracking of the dependencies we actually rely on.

OK.  This explicite need for a hard depends lets me put the need for this
in blends-dev to a higher priority.

> if the autogeneration is desireable, then this approach will work better, yes.
> but it will also have to account for architecture-specific dependencies, like
> usplash and whatnot.

Yes.  Architecture specific dependencies are planned for the switch to
UDD based building of source packages (actually this need is the reason
why I plan to rewrite the code because I do not see a reasonable way to
do it with the current approach).

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--