Re: debian-edu build process, once more

Hi Andreas,

On Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:11:40AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > What I dont understand is why the education-thin-client package has
> > usplash as a depends - can someone explain? task/common is the only place
> > usplash is refered to in the debian-edu package.
> There is no file tasks/thin-client and the dependencies of this package
> are directly mentioned in debian/control.stub.

Arg. Thanks for making me see. I dont get why I didn't see this, but so be it.
And much less I understand  why there are three binary packages, who come
directly (and exclusively??) from control.stub, while the rest is
autogenerated?

> > That's the reason the debian-edu package doesnt migrate to squeeze and I
> > would like it to ;-) (see
> > http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/debian-edu.html)
> Just fix debian/control.stub accordingly.

Doing so now. But do we actually need control.stub except for the source
package bits?

> As I said previosely: It is not a good idea to keep debian/control in
> SVN.

We don't do that.

regards,
	Holger