Re: LTSP issues in Debian-Edu.

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 11:43:19AM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 08:22:29PM +0300, Oded Naveh wrote:
> > > Vagrant Cascadian: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 8:34 PM

> i think we should leave it, but put it in a conditional with a commandline
> argument, which we can preseed (i think we already do some preseeding of the
> commandline arguments). i'll try and work on it tomorrow.

i added the --purge-chroot commandline option into the plugin in svn (also
committed to upstream bzr).

it seems like there's currently no preseeding used for ltsp-client-builder, so
it's probably resorting to the defaults:

  --mirror file:///cdrom --security-mirror none --mount-cdrom

which means we'd have to use a separate preseed for PXE installs of
thin-client-server than DVD installs. i'm guessing the NETINST CD doesn't have
all the packages for an ltsp chroot? that would probably need the same
preseeding as PXE installs, then.

of course, i'm building a backported ltsp-client-builder udeb now, which
we could include some manual hacks... but i want to avoid diverging too
far, as it's really intended as a temporary backport.

live well,
  vagrant