Re: Is FreeNX server an issue for Debian-Edu?

Hello Andreas,

you may find the nx libraries as code and binary (for debian lenny/etch) on our project sites: http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=8454 (x2go). Without our applied patches, those libs should work with freenx (freenx contains only of some shell scripts - so there are no compatibilty problems). Our repository is up to date, so there aro no outdated libraries (nx). There was a discussion about the integration of x2go in debian and I think freenx would have the same problems as our project (the use of code not linked against debians own x.org version). If this question could be answered, we would support a solution for those libraries (at the moment, our community is to small to fork nx in that needed way).
If you have further questions, feel free to ask - we are really interested to get this issue solved.

Greerings,

Heinz

PS:
Maybe x2go is a solution for you, because our repository contains a complete debian based thin client environment (containing pxe-boot, open source client(s), ldap support and classroom surveillance).