Re: Bug#467650: debian-edu: Downloads things, does not clean up after itself.
- To: Andreas Tille <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#467650: debian-edu: Downloads things, does not clean up after itself.
- From: Kurt Roeckx <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 21:29:35 +0100
- Message-id: <20080301202935.GA19074@roeckx.be>
- In-reply-to: <alpine.DEB.1.00.0802281617410.30120@wr-linux02>
- References: <20080226175431.GA10289@roeckx.be> <20080226202146.GB23943@klodrik.uio.no> <alpine.DEB.1.00.0802281443410.30120@wr-linux02> <email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.1.00.0802281617410.30120@wr-linux02>
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 04:21:17PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>> Petter and me tried to clarify this also as a feature and not
>>> a bug. So I would regard this point as void and would like
>>> to close the bug. If you don't think so please speak up now.
>> It doesnt seem to work, according to the original bug report...
> Well, the original reporter raised three different points in
> his bug report (filed three times :-() and I wonder which point
> he regards as grave and especially why. If the reporter does
> not answer questistions about his report I would downgrade
> and set "moreinfo" tag at least.
I had some problems with mail getting to me. Things are now slowly
being processed. I can't really follow everything that's happened
>From what I understand so far:
cdd-dev would get a Depends on apt. I'm perfectly happy with that.
I would consider that part of the bug to be serious.
It's just downloading Packages files, while I thought it was actually
downloading .deb's file. I clearly didn't properly read the build log.
I don't have a problem with this part anymore. But I would like to
suggest you use whatever is currently on the system (in
/var/lib/apt/lists/). I don't see why you need to download it again.
I think someone also cloned it to say it doesn't work if there is no
network. That's probably a bug in cdd-dev then, and would also be
I have a problem with package that leave things behind after they've
been removed and purged, or have build something. But I can't say
that this is considered to be RC. Using the Packages file from the
system would also solve that problem.