Modularizing X2Go // Re: (N)X2Go - LowBandwith sessions for takeaway incl. sound

Hello everybody,

I appreciate this ongoing discussion that might also be interesting for
debian-devel.

Am Donnerstag 06 März 2008 schrieb Heinz-M. Graesing:
> So I would suggest a new thread "modularizing NX libraries for xorg"
> or something, to get a response of people searching for such an
> solution and developers (maybe nomachine too?) helping to achive it.
> We would be interested in this topic too.

As for modularization which is certainly the way to get x2go into Debian
AFAP, I can see these connections (cf.
http://x2go.berlios.de/screenshots-en.html):

At Client-side, you use qt4/KDE specific layout and libraries, hence it
would be great to get your qtApplications into KDE4. To make
it "footlose", it should be as flexible as possible regarding the
corresponding server protocol. However, I cannot tell if it is possible
to separate protocolls (like using different plugins for x2go or nx).

x2gospyglass could merge with italc (Qt, too) and controlaula (Gnome).

At server-side, there are different links to attach to existing Debian
packages. xorg was named, more generally freedesktop.org might be of
interest.

These are just some coarse templations of a skolelinux using teacher.

Regards
Ralf.