Re: How important is "Architecture: any" (Was: Downloads things, ...)

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Holger Levsen]
I'd suggest to also build it for amd64 and powerpc, as those
architectures are also supported by Debian Edu and probably other
"mainstream" CDDs.

Either we make the package arch: any, and build on some or all archs,
or we make it arch: all, and stop building on more than one arch.  I
believe you are discussing which list of architectures to support if
it isn't arch: all, while at least I believed Andreas to discuss if we
should convert the package to arch: all.

Yep.  If we have arch all we will end up with some missing Recommends
on certain not so good suported architectures.  The question is whether
missing recommends will trigger bug reports or not.  IMHO they should not
be RC but I would not like to have unfixable bugs even with lower
priority.

Kind regards

               Andreas.

--