Re: start to translate the release-manual - problems with the description in README.release-manual-translations

Am Samstag, 29. Dezember 2007 schrieb Ludger Sicking:
> Hi,
>
> thank you for your answers.
>
> Jürgen Leibner wrote:
> > You don't need to install the debian-edu-doc package on your system
> > to translate it. So there isn't a need to edit your sources.list.
> > Just do the translation on the right files you checked out from svn
> > by following the guide on:
> > http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/Translations
>
> ok. But what have I to do when I want to build such a package and
> when I want to make HTML and PDF out of the documentation?

You may want to read:
debian-edu-doc/debian/README
and
debian-edu-doc/documentation/release-manual/README
in svn

> >> 3.
> >> I checked out the doc from svn yesterday. Is it true that there
> >> isn't a german version so far? I didnt't find a file named
> >> release-manual.de.po.
> >
> > There is a german po file already.
>
> Oh, yeah. You're right. Too much wine under my christmas tree. :-)

:)

> When I translate a paragraph should I add the comment "fuzzy" because
> my translated section isn't reviewed yet. Or shouldn't I add a
> comment?

If you feel, your translation is ok, just remove the "fuzzy".
When you are in doubt, just leave it there or add it, if it isn't there.

> When I translated a little bit how can I commit. Send the po-file to
> this list? I got an alioth-account. Therefore I can commit in another
> way?

If you have an alioth account already, why not use it?

Greetings, Jürgen Leibner