Re: start to translate the release-manual - problems with the description in README.release-manual-translations

Am Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2007 schrieb Ludger Sicking:
> Merry X-Mas folks,

Merry X-Mas Ludger,

> I used the holidays to clean up a little bit. I installed Xubuntu on
> my PC (instead of Win 98).

That's a good beginning ;-)

> I want to start a little bit translating the relaese-manual for
> "Terra" (in german).

Nice to read, you are welcome

> My questions:
>
> 1.
> Is
> http://packages.debian.org/lenny/debian-edu-doc
> the up-to-date version of the package debian-edu-doc?
> If not, where can I get it?

That is afaik the documentation for installing and reading build from
svn source and uploaded to debian.

> 2.
> I wanted to follow the guidelines in
> usr/share/doc/debian-edu-doc/README.release-manual-translations
> to start translating.
> But
> sudo apt-get build-dep debian-edu-doc
> yields to
> E: Kann Quellpaket für debian-edu-doc nicht finden (can't find source
> for ...) because I didn't install it.
>
> I wondered whether these guidelines depend on a working Etch and NOT
> Xubuntu. I don't want mess up my sources.list with too many
> Etch-repositiories. I want to run "a clean Xubuntu" (as far as
> possible).
>
> Have I to add a line in my sources.list to follow the description in
> README.release-manual-translations ??
>
> How can I follow this guide on my Xubuntu system?

You don't need to install the debian-edu-doc package on your system to
translate it. So there isn't a need to edit your sources.list.
Just do the translation on the right files you checked out from svn
by following the guide on:
http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/Translations

> 3.
> I checked out the doc from svn yesterday. Is it true that there isn't
> a german version so far? I didnt't find a file named
> release-manual.de.po.

There is a german po file already.

Greetings and best wishes for the next year to all,
Jürgen Leibner