Re: Integration of other Linux-machines into Skolelinux network

Klaus Ade Johnstad wrote:
Onsdag 26 desember 2007 21:34, skrev Harald Poppek:
Did anybody know a way, or had done so, to connect an actual linux
machine like debian etch/lenny

I have attached the files I believe is needed. They are from a plain debian etch machine that uses tjener for authentication (home0 is hardmounted in /etc/fstab).

Take a careful look at each file before you use them, they work for me.

Aloha All

Having had much experience, and failure, at authenticating 7.10 boxes from a ldap/nfs server performing as your tjener, let me add this, too. Edubuntu 7.1 has an /etc/ldap.conf file *and* an /etc/ldap/ldap.conf file that need tweaking. Jim Kronebusch modified his feisty documentation to take this hack into account

http://www.1-cs.com/gutsy_ubuntu_ldap_howto.txt

You will likely need to reboot into recovery mode (second option in grub) to edit these files.

With Respect for all the great work from the debianedu project

--scott