Re: https://www vs https://tjener.intern

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 14:25 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Anders Kringstad]
> > That was kind of implied by my response that we change the links to
> > match *.intern so that we get all the names in line within the
> > domain.
>
> We currently use all DNS names without the domain name, to make it
> easier to replace .intern with something else for those that want to
> use their own DNS domain.  The changes would then be limited to bind
> and dhcpd configuration.  I believe this is a good idea to keep.

Then there is really no other solution than to use either different
Certs for all hosts or try to use Daniel Hess' proposed solution(*)

(* There is one problem with using this solution and that is if the
services are spread across many machines.)

--
(o_   / With regards,
//\-X   Leader, Free software in schools, Norway - <www.skolelinux.no>
V_/_    Leader, Trondheim Linux User Group (TLUG) - <www.tlug.no>