Re: https://www vs https://tjener.intern

Am Donnerstag 22 November 2007 schrieb Holger Levsen:
> We use https://www in the release manual and I believe there was a
> reason for not using tjener.intern - but I forgot which it was. Can
> someone enlighten me?

Using different hostnames for different services (rather than tjener for
any service hosted by tjener by default) makes it easier to migrate /
outsource services to dedicated servers (possibly based on the barebone
profile that is not yet displayed in d-e-i).

Instead of "tjener" we use
- webcache to point to the proxy
- postoffice to point to the mailserver
- ldap to point to the ldap server (not sure for that)
- www to point to the web server (I believe).

According to this logic, there should be a separate hostname for lwat,
shouldn't it?

Regards
Ralf