debian-edu-doc package - let's bring the documentation in shape for etch!

Hi,

I started to work on the debian-edu-doc package today, with the intention to
upload it to our archive *real soon now*, as I believe more people will be
working on the documentation, once they can easily access it.

I know it's partly outdated, but I believe we can fix this on the way. In
fact, I think it's easier to fix this, once many people have access to it, by
simply apt-get installing it.

Then I looked at debian/copyright and noticed the file is wrong: it's states
the licence of the documentation (good, it's GPL) but it doesnt say who holds
the copyright. Which is needed, otherwise we cannot publish the documentation
legally (and upload it to our archive and/or Debians).

So I asked on IRC and got the following replies:

<pere> h01ger: I wrote the architecture.

$svn/src/debian-edu-doc/documentation$ ls architecture/
arkitektur.da.pdf  arkitektur.en.pdf  arkitektur.nl.pdf     brannmur_virus.txt
network-arch_en.pdf  network-arch.pdf
arkitektur.de.pdf  arkitektur.nb.pdf  arkitektur.pt_BR.pdf
network-arch_da.pdf  network-arch_nl.pdf

Petter, where can I get the source for the arkitektur*.pdf files? The
network-arch*.pdf files are just an image, though that image is made with dia
and I would prefer to put the source file in the package, too.

And, I think brannmur_virus.txt can be deleted, correct?

Klausade also replied:

<klausade> h01ger: what stuff? i wrote newdriftbook
<klausade> debian-edu-doc/documentation/drift/driftbok.sgml is «mine», but
it's outdated and should be deleted.
<klausade> debian-edu-doc/documentation/drift/images/ is also «mine», should
be deleted.

$svn/src/debian-edu-doc/documentation/drift$ ls
driftbok.sgml    IKT-bok.html.de  images/          netgroups.sgml
IKT-bok.html     IKT-bok.html.nl  install.html

I deleted driftbook.sgml and netgroups.sgml is included by driftbook.sgml, and
the image dir and then I also deleted install.html, as it is only a very
small html page which includes screenshots from an installation (of woody or
sarge) from images/.

The question is, where can I find the newdriftbook (for sarge) to put it in
the package?

Then the only thing left there is the IKT-bok,  which is Copyright © 2002,
2003 Vibeke Braaten, Christian Juell, Tor Harald Nordnes und Truls Teigen
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under
the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later
version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant
Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.

But the IKT-bok is not translated into english, only versions in norwegian,
german and dutch exist.

I would suggest to move the IKT-bok to documentation/old - what do you think?

And then there is the directory $svn/src/debian-edu-doc/documentation/kurs
which is something in norwegian again, but it has at least a proper copyright
declaration, but also in norwegian, so I cannot say if it's the GFDL without
invariant sections etc. (which can go into Debian main) or if its the DFSG
nonfree variant. Can anybody please tell me?

I would suggest to move this kurs to documentation/norwegian - what do you
think?

regards,
	Holger