Re: Free software world conference

El lun, 29-01-2007 a las 13:42 +0000, Ejercicios Resueltos (Grupo CPD)
escribió:
> Hi,
>
> my name is Agustín Benito. I'm the coordinator of the development of mEDUXa,
> the Linux Edu distro from the Canary islands. Knut knows me. I'll attend to
> the International software conference with some people from my company.
> People from Bardinux, another kubuntu based distro from the Canary Islands (a
> college from Tenerife) and some developers of SILU, a Ubuntu based distro
> from Gran Canaria's college (the other college we have in the Canary Islands)
> are also attending, so we can talk about collaborating. The point is that we
> should go there with a good idea of waht we are going to talk about so we do
> have result after the conference.
>
> Bye

Hi Agustín, I know about your project, in fact, last november, the day
you presented mEDUXa, I was in Canary Islands in a meeting with Antonio
José Jiménez who I think is the coordinator of mEDUXa in the government
side.
Obviously, we are open to any kind of collaboration, but my intention is
going some steps more. I would like to integrate LinEx (at least, the
version of LinEx that's installed in our schools) in DebianEdu, and that
should always be done inside the Debian project, so any collaboration
with an Ubuntu based distribution will be possible, but not so tight. I
don't know if that will finally be possible, but that's what we are
going to try. I think it's possible because we only use Debian for our
distribution, plus our setups and educative packages. We would like to
walk the needed steps to do that, giving from our side all the work and
experience we have got in the last four years, and becoming part of a
more international project, with a lot of skilled, experienced and
interesting people.

So, in brief, we can meet to collaborate in the tools and applications,
feel free to add any interesting topic. Anyway, for the meetings I want
to keep with DebianEdu people I would like to go further than that.

Regards.
José L.