Re: presentation: we want you for debian-edu/skolelinux

Hi Anne-Marie (bcc:ed),

On Monday 29 January 2007 10:35, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> could you please
> - forward your slides/informations to Anne-Marie who is having a talk on
> KDE Edu and free Edu Software Projects at Paris, tomorrow?

have a look at http://layer-acht.org/slides/20070115_debian-edu_LCA2007.odp
for slides I used for a talk at LCA2007. Also look at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2007/01/msg00089.html where I asked about
feedback for the slides. Please note that I have not incorporated all
feedback yet - so there are some small minor errors (and/or room for
improvement) in my slides. (But I have indicated in that thread which
feedback I included and which not.)

> - answer her questions towards Skolelinux:
> Point (4) at
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-edu&m=116997239815560&w=2

which is:

> 4) My turn for a question ;-)  Speaking of Debian-edu I was curious to see
> what was in Skolelinux currently (for my presentation in Paris at the Linux
> show on Tuesday)  and I could not find real information on whether
> debian-edu packages KDE-Edu apps and what version is currently shipped,
> where it is  used.

Regarding kde-apps we include the same packages as debian/etch. Currently the
sarge version is still the official stable one, the etch version is available
for testing at ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/cd-etch

The exact differences (in packages and/or version numbers) to debian/etch are
shown at http://developer.skolelinux.no/~holger/archivestatus/needs_love.html

regards,
	Holger (also a bit too busy for a longer answer)