Re: Changes on debian-edu-config

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:52:37 +0100
> Finn-Arne Johansen <faj@bzz.no> wrote:

>>>Except when we use a newer version in the daily build than the one
>>>availible from Debian.
>
> Indeed. But those are not simply "packages in Debian" - a newer version
> requires a rebuild, which was my next cases:
>
>>> * Use Debian BTS for packages in Debian rebuild in Skolelinux, if the
>>>   Debian package maintainer welcomes such bug reports.
>>> * Use Skolelinux BTS for packages in Debian but rebuild for
>>>Skolelinux if the package maintainer is not explicitly interested in
>>>them
>
> So I believe your story, Finn-Arne, is simply a supporting example of
> why the Debian BTS should be used only when the Debian package
> maintainer agrees with this :-)

How should our user know this ?

When the package is built by the debian maintainer, uploaded into
Skolelinux local repository, and the same person is the one that tells
me I'm missusing Debian BTS.

I believe we need to use our own bugzilla, and we need to have a manual
forward of bugs from our bugzilla to the Debian BTS

I believe most of our users will be scared back to wintendo if they get
the feedback from the Debian Maintainers. And they will be asked
questions they are in no way of capable of answering, and most bugs will
be written of as "problem exist between Keyboard and Computer(?)"

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/