Re: 149 "TestSkoler" in School Database!

Friday 12 May 2006 06:23, wrote Halvor Dahl:
> nigel barker wrote:
> >>Finally, I invite you all to discuss alternatives for the
> >>term "Testskoler". 'Testing' sounds too tentative to me.
> >
> >How about "installations" or "implementing schools"?
>
> Personally I like "References".
>
> This spring I have been calling a lot of these schools to check
> whether they are still using Skolelinux.  The bad thing is that
> about 20-30 of them are not, but the (very) good thing is that
> I think there may be around 100 Skolelinux schools that have not
> registered.  My estimate is that the real number of schools in
> Norway using Skolelinux is 180-200.
>
> We should remove the schools that is not using Skolelinux anymore.
> But more important is that we should call all the new schools and
> ask if they will let us put their name in the database.

Do you have a list the schools we should remove ? Maybe (Ralf or) I have some
time to look into cleaning up the list.....

Anyhow, as Ralf was talking about, we should probably update some rutines, and
(php) code, for bether controll of this list. Both against spam, but also
with a possibility to send out requests to update their information. ++

--
-Frode

The famous politician was trying to save both his faces.