Re: Name of next release

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 18:40, Patrick Willam wrote:
> As for the topic i'm aiming at is the naming:
>
> I always thought of "Debian-edu" as the whole project.
> ...Not only making a CDD, but also helping provide free Java and doing
> loads of other stuff like searching for new edu-SW, translating it, etc
> pp.
>
> Regarding this, in my view "Skolelinux" was/is the [out of the CDD work]
> resulting distro; in the sense of more the name for the CD itself than
> for the work which produced it, which i see as work of the Debian-edu
> project.

that's my view also:
- Debian-Edu=the project
- Skolelinux=the product=the 'CDD in development' produced by the Debian-Edu
                         project (which is to much of a mouth full to be
                         handy)

(complicating this a bit is that Skolelinux is also the name of the project
in Norway, but internationally the above holds I think)
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)