Re: backport for ooo2

Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Hi,
> Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
>>So if the backport of OOo2 provided by Rene, means that the
>>OOo-debian-team will continue to provide a backport (also security
>>patched if needed), then I'm willing to include the backport. But Only
>
> As long as it's possible (no one knows what Sun will do but I don't
> guess they will completely break gcc 3.3) I will.

I guess we will find out.
But then again, it could also impossible to patch OOo-1.1.x ?

>>after I've tested to rebuild the packages. I don't want to end up like
>>we've done with the woody-version, with a version where we have no source.
> They build fine in pbuilder/sbuild if you get a j2sdk1.4 package which work
> (the blackdown one on gwdg is broken, failing preinst). nobse did build
> -1bpo2 and -1bpo3 himself after I gave him the source.
> So that shouldn't be a problem.

Any other advise - disk requirements etc ?

> Of course, the wole decision is yours and I don't want to intervene in
> there. I just wanted to tell that this backport is the official one done
> by me and want to defend myself against "there's no/broken nn,nb spellchecking" and such things...

Well, the norwegian OOo team do try to build for other platforms than
Debian, And I guess there is other solutions to spellchecking on
windows, then using myspell.
And we (debian-edu) share some of the same manpower, some of our key
translators translates both OOo and KDE, and a lot of other debian
packages as well.  (almost everything but Gnome?)

Oh well, thanks for your contribution, and to defend Steffan Jorris a
bit: he made it quite clear both before uploading the packages to his
homefolder on developer, and on irc shortly after, that these packages
was from Debian-OOo2 team.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/