Re: backport for ooo2

Hi,

Knut Yrvin wrote:
> 1. Gaute has done improvements on the word-list because he have fixed
>    the lists from errors when dividing word. In Norwegian we often
>    connects two or three words together. It's language rules when
>    dividing long words that could span over two lines. This
>    improvement has to be committed to the right source, and it has
>    been difficulties to get our work on the word list directly into
>    the OpenOffice source.

Why don't you then just fix "norwegian", the source package in Debian
where the ispell and myspell things come from instead of inventing a way
to just add new words to the .dics? You are using Debians packages
anyway so you could just patch the myspell-{nn,nb} source and send the
patch to Tollef?

> 2. The openoffice.org-l10n-nb package don't contains help-text, or

Because help AFAIK isn't completely translated? Correct me if I am
wrong.

>    mandatory myspell-dictionary-nb package. We have to take that into

See myspell-nb.

>    consideration when doing the language choosing in debian-installer,
>    and when upgrading, or installing from scratch. This is an big
>    issue for the 250+ schools using Skolelinux in Norway.

People already having the 1.1.x packages already should have myspell-nb
I guess so that argument is bogus :)

> In my world people have different needs for different purposes. We
> have done some improvements in the word-lists. I believe that should
> be interesting for you? As I have explained in point 1-3, the issues
> I'm concerned about, and this is relevant for our users.

Then give those back. Not just in OpenOffice.org, but from the stuff the
myspell stuff is built from.

> > > OpenOffice 2 is still a bit rough. It crashes to often. OpenOffice
> > > 1.3-1.5 is much more stable.
> >
> > Those versions don't exist. Not to mention that OpenOffice doesn't
> > exist either.
>
> You probably meant to say that 1.1.3-1.1.5 and 2.0 is the correct
> version numbers, And that people should use term OpenOffice.org

Exactly.

Regards,

Rene