Re: backport for ooo2

lørdag 26. november 2005, 21:44, skrev Knut Yrvin:
> Lørdag 26. november 2005 21:06, skrev Jonas Smedegaard:
> > Is this personal experience or do you have some reference to
> > experiences of others regarding this stqbility issue?
>
> It's both my personal experience and others. Whats your experience?
>
> - k

My experience with OpenOffice2 is that it's solid.
(Actually, my Kmail is more liable to crash than OpenOffice2)

Full support for the new OpenDocument format should really be considered an
important milestone for the debian-edu/Skolelinux distribution. Especially
with regard to Microsofts move to make their new XML-based format an official
standard with European Computer Manufacturers Association.

So in this case my wote is with OpenOffice.org-2.0 (*), and this should
probably be my view even if it in the end should prove to crash once or twice
more than the old trusty one :)

*) as long as it *works* (which seems to be the case).

--
Regards
Gjermund Skogstad