Re: Skolelinux Sarge-alpha & Some samba questions

tir, 03,.05.2005 kl. 18.48 +0200, skrev RalfGesellensetter:
> Hi Finn, thanks for replying...
> The reason why we were using bzzware is, that the
> server had been installed months ago when bzzware still was an active
> branch. We enabled lessdisk and everything; for many reasons we
> integrated the server only now to replace an old NT PDC.

It's beginning to look as if we're a club here.

I'm using the bzz release here too.
Reason? It's an upgrade to the sarge system, without at the same time
having any truly intrusive changes. (Other than the Woody->Sarge shift
that is, of course).
It isn't perfect, but it's maintainable.
And for most users out there, the Woody to Sarge upgrade is more
important than anything the Skolelinux team will come up with for years.
It took a lot more people three years now, to do this. See?

Two developer gatherings ago (the last one in Oslo) I wished for two
branches of the Sarge based releases. One slow one, that made something
maintainable and reasonably secure out of the Skolelinux/Sarge
combination.
And one experimental, for the core developers to wet their fingers with.
I'm working, and willing to work on the first one. But not the second,
and I'm only going to pick at the more experimental stuff if I see that
what we have is already solid.
When I see there are more than me doing this: Perhaps we, de facto, do
have two branches of work on Skolelinux/Sarge now. Is it possible to
have some colloboration on the slow/semi-stable work too?

Harald