Re: Skolelinux Sarge-alpha & Some samba questions

Am Mittwoch, 27. April 2005 15:53 schrieb RalfGesellensetter:
> Eventually we realised a message: SID already in database (or
> similair), obviously the cloned installations give a problem (because
> we succeeded adding the workstation after removing the SID from
> LDAP).

Hi there, this is pre-bug-filing. I hope that Christian K. will give a
more detailed report soon. Version concered should be
bzzware-something.

Machine accounts being in the LDAP-people branch made problems with
colliding SIDs if I understood it right.

The smbadduser-script is called from samba with LDAP-Server-URL and
passes this to some wlus script. Wlus, however expects just the
hostname of the server and hence fails to add machines (workaround
known).

So far, feel free to ask more or to remind us to file the bug :)

Regards
Ralf.