a CMS for SLX = Re: eZ in Debian-Edu and on skolelinux.org?

Hi there,

let's focus on this question of yours:

Am Montag, 17. Januar 2005 13:29 schrieb Alex Brasetvik:
> Is it necessary to use the same CMS we bundle in Debian-Edu, e.g. eZ,
> on skolelinux.org? If not, is a Wiki[3] a good idea? Combinations?

My first approach was: Certainly not. Then I looked to it from another
point of view (namely bottom up):

Step by step I am collecting tutorials and informations to help both
collegues and pupils getting into GNU/Linux. Some, I put in our FAQ on
the plone sites, some I put locally to /var/www ...

I know quite a few skolelinux admins doing the same: giving information
that virtually should be centralized - to save work power.

Now, here it could be interesting using the same CMS for skolelinux
globally and on our installations:

idea 1: the local installation comes with a mirror of the global pages,
providing a good documentation for skolelinux users.

idea 2: the local web pages integrate into the global ones. we prepare
some webspace like slx.org/local/myschool where each pupil will find
their local school (so, this would be an alias for tjener.intern/cms)

This discussion stresses on technical things, but we must not forget,
what we want to achieve in the end.

Commentaries welcome :)
Regards
Ralf