Re: eZ in Debian-Edu and on skolelinux.org?

[Herman Robak]
> A suggested solution to this was to leave the Debian package as it
> is.  This package is a general package, which requires some manual
> configuration performed in a shell.  For Skolelinux, an additional
> package, e.g. ez-edu, could be made.  That package would depend on
> the Jonas' generic package, and use scripts to set up a CMS with the
> appropriate templates.

As far as I can see, this will make it hard to do upgrades.  Am I
right?

At least the current debian package is a "source" package, just
providing the scripts which need to be copied into somewhere else.  So
'aptitude upgrade' will not upgrade the production scripts, and fixed
security errors might still be in the production system after the
"source" package is upgraded.