Re: non-free?

[Hilaire Fernandes]
> Can we start working in that first issue?

The first issues are listed on
<URL:http://bugs.skolelinux.no/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED>.

The next issues is to make sure all the packages we want/need/use in
debian-edu is available in Debian Sarge.  A quick look at
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/sl-packages.txt>
indicate that these packages are still missing, in my semi-prioritized
order:

  locale-config-skolelinux
    - plan is to merge it into language-env, need work making and
      submitting patches
  webmin-ldap-netgroups
    - need maintainer and upload
  cerebrum
    - need work completing the package and fixing the configuration.
      Andreas Schuldei is on the task.
  ltsp-*
    - need maintainer and upload
  kschoolmenu
    - need maintainer and upload
  openoffice.org with norwegian translations
    - need work submitting the translations to the debian maintainers
      and upstream
  sql-ledger
    - need to get past the NEW queue
  dtp-raidutil
    - not sure where this stopped.
  j2re1.3
    - well, need license change or alternative
  dbdesigner
    - need maintainer and upload
  webmin-cupsadmin-skolelinux
    - need maintainer, rename and upload
  kwebmin
    - need maintainer and upload
  hwinfo
    - need upstream, maintainer and upload
  chkconfig
    - need maintainer and upload (not sure if it is a good idea)
  kdiradm
    - need maintainer and upload
  opera-static
    - need maintainer and upload

The goal for the next major release of skolelinux/debian-edu is being
able to release it only with packages in the next stable version of
Debian.  Those packages that didn't make it into Debian will fall out
without us having to do anything to remove them, so I do not see the
need to spend time getting rid of packages.  The effort should be
spent fixing the packages in debian, or adding packages into debian.
The only way to reach the goal is to make sure we _can_ release using
only the packages in Sarge.  If the packages in Sarge isn't good
enough, we will have to release with extra package while we continue
to improve Debian for sarge+1.